Friday, September 11, 2009

3 Favourite Kinds of Media

My three kinds of media that I prefer would be music, movies, and television. I like these three because they appeal to me as opposed to other forms of media such as newspapers and radio.
I chose music because I listen to music all the time. When I'm getting ready in the morning till when I go to bed I am listening to music. I also play the drums as a hobby at home as well as in my school jazz band. I like to listen to heavier genres of music such as heavy metal or hard rock. A few of the bands I like right now are Lamb Of God, Slipknot, Parkway Drive and White Chapel. Those are the heavy bands I like. I also like Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses and AC/DC and hard rock bands like that. I suppose I enjoy this sort of music because I was brought up on music like that. My mom would always listen to 80's bands like Motley Crue and AC/DC. When my friends were listening to the Backstreet boys I was listening to Guns N' Roses. I progressed from that kind of music to the music I listen to now.








The second type of media I like are movies. I like movies because they are usually pretty entertaining depending on the movie. I like action movies as well as horror with alot of suspense. A few of my favourite movies would be Point Break, Rockstar and the Halloween movies and any movies with alot of action and suspense. I also like to watch comedy as well. I'm not quite sure why I like action movies. Maybe its because I'm a guy or maybe cuz it just plain and simple entertains me.










The third kind of media I like would be television. I usually watch t.v. shows and movies instead of the news. I will watch the news occasionally if there is nothing else on and if there is something I find interesting on it. When I watch t.v. I usually watch comedy such as sitcoms like The King Of Queens and Still Standing. I also enjoy cartoons such as Family Guy and The Simpsons. But my favourite show to watch when it is on would be The Trailer Park Boys. The only time I usually watch t.v. is when I'm bored and have nothing to do or when I'm just relaxing. I like to laugh so that is probably why i always watch shows with alot of comedy in them.




The types of media I dont like so much would be the radio and newspapers. I only listen to to the radio for music. I find news on the radio to be kind of annoying for some reason. I guess I just find the voice kind of annoying. I also dont like to read newspapers. I will read them occasionally when I'm on break at work because there is nothing else to do. But if i just want the news I will go to the internet besause it is usually faster and quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment